Maya Abdominal Therapy is a non-invasive, external, hands-on technique to guide internal abdominal organs into their proper position for optimum health and well-being. Maya therapy improves organ function by releasing physical and emotional congestion from the abdomen.
The technique applies anatomy, physiology, herbology and naprapathy (study of the ligaments, joints and muscles), with Ancient Maya healing techniques to address common female and male complaints. It works by relieving congestion and blockages to improve the flow of chi and fluids of the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems to prevent symptoms from progressing into chronic disease.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ are based on the ancient Maya practice of abdominal massage. Dr. Rosita Arvigo developed these techniques from her study of traditional healing with Don Elijio Panti, the renowned Maya shaman of Belize, and her training in modern medicine. The techniques incorporate a holistic approach to wellness including massage, herbs, nutrition and emotional and spiritual healing. Dr. Arvigo believes that natural healing must address these factors together to promote health and wellness.
- Comprehensive review of personal history & health care needs
- Instruction in Self Care techniques which individuals can apply at home to continue the benefit of treatment provided by an Arvigo Practitioner
- Abdominal Massage focused on aligning pelvic & abdominal organs
- Additional techniques to complement the Arvigo techniques according to individual need (i.e.: Reiki, Cranialsacral therapy, etc.)
- Consult focused on lifestyle changes to support the pelvic changes.
Additionally, herbal remedies and other natural products are available that may enhance the effect of the Arvigo treatment and may be indicated based on the lifestyle consult.
Follow-up care depends on individual goals and results. You and I work together to ensure your individual health care needs either through Arvigo techniques or referral to additional health care providers when necessary to achieve your goals.
Contraindications to treatment:
This treatment is not recommended during menses, where an IUD is present, immediately after abdominal surgery, or where an active infection or cancer is present in the pelvic region.
For more information: www.arvigotherapy.com
Most common female symptoms relieved by this treatment:
- Painful or irregular menses
- Dark, thick fluids at the beginning & end of menses
- Blood Clots
- No menstruation at all
- Headaches/ Dizziness with menses
- Varicose veins
- Tired legs, numb feet/ sore heels
- Lower back ache
- Uterine Polyps
- Painful Intercourse
- Uterine infections
- Frequent urination
- Ovarian cysts
- Hormonal imbalances
- Difficult Pregnancy & Delivery
- Weak newborn infants
- Premature deliveries
- Difficult Menopause